For most people, the trickiest part about making pizza is getting the dough right. This recipe for making your own pizza dough at home will make you wonder what took you so long! It is the simplest, quickest thing to do. And once you have done it, you will not want to buy another pizza again! You will be making your own spicy sausage pizza in your kitchen in no time…
So lets get right to it…
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 table spoon active dry yeast
- 1 table spoon brown sugar
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 2.5 cups All purpose flour
- In a bowl, pour in the warm water. Add the yeast, give it a quick stir and let it stand for about 5 minutes. It will turn milky or cloudy.
- Add the olive oil, sugar and salt and stir.
- Add the flour and mix with your hands until it forms a slightly sticky dough. You may add a little flour if you need to.
- In another larger bowl, use a few drops of olive oil to coat the bowl. Place the dough in this bowl. Drizzle some oil on the dough. Using cling film, cover the bowl and place the bowl in a warm place away from draft. Leave to stand for 1 – 1.5 hours. Let it double in size.
- Remove the dough and knead it for about 5 minutes. Leave it to stand on the counter top for another ten minutes. It is now ready to use.
This dough is enough for one large pizza. Divide the dough in half to get two medium size pizzas. Refrigerate the dough by wrapping it in cling film. Rub some olive oil on the palms of your hands and pat the dough before wrapping in cling film. The dough is good, refrigerated, for one week. Frozen, the dough can last up to 2 months.
Share this pizza dough recipe with your friends and be sure to reach out to me on social. Also, let me know in the comments below, what other recipes you would like to see on the blog 🙂
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230911247396161