It’s Chinese new year weekend so this Asian style Chinese meatballs recipe is a must try! Infused with generous amounts of ginger, garlic and soy sauce, you’ll be milling about the stove anxious to indulge 😋
I had a happy weekend…my review with the Doc. went well and I am now staple free, yaaaay! 😃 Good health is a priceless gift.
So, with my improved ‘freedom of movement’ and girlish gusto, I found myself in the kitchen again. My inspiration for preparing these chinese meatballs from the Chinese New Year festivities.
- 500g minced/ground beef
- 4 slices of ginger
- 5 spring onions
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Chop the spring onions finely. Chop one clove of garlic finely. Finely chop 2 slices of ginger.
- Place the ground beef in bowl and add half the chopped spring onion, the chopped ginger and the chopped garlic.
- Add the egg, 2 tbsps of soy sauce, cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of corn flour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well in one direction i.e clockwise/anti-clockwise. This helps to air-rate the mixture well.
Using a table spoon, pick the mixture and shape into a ball in the palm of your hands. Repeat until the mixture is finished. In a wok or skillet, fry the meat balls until lightly brown, remove and set aside. Repeat for another 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, place the meat balls, the remaining spring onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add water to a level above the meat balls.
- Add the vinegar, remaining soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for upto 40 minutes then remove the meat balls.
- Thicken the remaining sauce in the pan with the remaining corn starch
- Pour sauce over meat balls and serve. Garnish with spring onions.
As you enjoy this Chinese inspired recipe, may this year bring you good health, good fortune and most importantly, Great Food😆😆
Share this chinese meatballs recipe with your friends and be sure to reach out to me on social. Also, let me know in the comments below, what other recipes you would like to see on the blog 🙂
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230911247396161