Have you ever wondered why every time you try out a new recipe, you always end up spending more time than the actual preparation time? This is because, the more time you spend in the kitchen, the more efficient you become at carrying out tasks. Here are basic kitchen tips to help you around the kitchen…
1. Store spices and herbs in a cool and dark place. Make sure they are in airtight containers to retain their freshness. Do not store them near your gas or cooking source as this will also affect their quality and fragrance.
2. Always soak your beans in water overnight or for at least 10 hours before boiling. This not only reduces the cooking time but also gets rid of any gad that causes acidity.
3. Ever wonder why your plastic storage containers always seem to remember (read ‘smell like’) what was last stored in them? Well, next time just wash with warm soapy water, rinse, add fresh lemon juice and leave to stand in direct sunlight.
4. Switch off the gas before you finish cooking eggs. The best cooked eggs are soft and wet as opposed to dry and burnt. If you want your eggs to cook just right, switch off the gas before they are fully cooked. The heat of the pan will finish the cooking for you quite nicely 😊
5. Always check that you are up to date with the essentials. Have you ever opened your fridge and found it empty? Ever peeked into your pantry and not found a quick fix for your growling stomach? In a previous post, i mentioned items that should be stocked in your fridge for those situations .
What other tips can you share?
Share this article on basic kitchen tips with your friends and be sure to reach out to me on social.
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230911247396161